My latest obsession is the gender of my unborn child. This is a recent obsession that I blame on my doctor. I was okay when I thought that I would not find out the gender , until sometime around the hubby's birthday. However, on my last visit she asked me if I want to know the gender next go round. For some reason this sent me into a tail spin.
Ever since I have been obsessing on rather I am having a boy or a girl .
Please understand , I am not going to do anything important with this knowledge. Like pick a nursery color or buy clothes. Knowing me... it will be a months before I acknowledge the sex with anything besides a name.
I just must know....
I have researched every test you can find on the Internet - from the Intelligent (sp) to old wives tales. Each night after I put my blessing to bed and in between seeing if one of my FB friends has cured cancer. I try yet another test to figure out the sex of my child.
Did you know that you must know your lunar age to calculate the Chinese birth chart. If you go by the western age you may get a false reading. God forbid I get a false reading. So what if one chart reads pink and the other reads blue. One of them is right. This chart according to rumor is 99% correct. So I must be doing something wrong.
My favorite test are the old wives tales. One such test include important questions like the following:
- Is the hair on your legs growing faster -how would I know ....I hate shaving my legs in the winter
- Does your pillow face north or south - which direction is south
- Does your belly look like a basketball or a beach ball - right now it just looks like a gut
- Is your urine bright yellow or dull - if it is bright yellow shouldn't I be drinking more water.
- Have you gotten uglier with this pregnancy - would anyone in their right mind tell me if I had
- Do you crave salty or sweet - actually the only thing I crave is sleep...
I have tried it all.. in fact I read on the Internet that if you hold a ring on a string over your belly it will tell you the sex. I can't get my rings off - so I interrupted my husband's shower.... this is important stuff.
"I need your wedding ring.. "
He has learned not to ask too many questions. A point that was confirmed when he got out of the shower and my 4 year old was holding the ring over my belly.
"Is it going side to side or up and down."
She just stared at me. Even she knows I am crazy.
I find out the sex next Tuesday... if I have not lost my mind by then.
The best part according to all the test. I have a 50% chance of having a boy, well duh I already knew that.
Pray for me.....
Update - it's a girl!!!